Twas the Thursday before Christmas…
December 24, 2009
…and all through the house, not a creature was stir, except for one mouse…
That mouse would be me, for I was putting myself together a little bowl of bliss-
This was mind blowing. I think it will be hard for me to go back to oat based granola now…. this was perfectly chewy & crunchy. Unlike most cereals that boast ‘raisin’ in their title, this stuff did not fail to deliver. I encourage you all to go to your nearest Whole Foods and purchase some of this raw granola. You won’t regret it.
Let us pray, there is hummus among us.
Blue Moose of Boulder Hummus. Best in the US. My mom got this for me 2 days ago…. and now it’s gone. All 12oz of it.
Of course, I had a little help from my friends.
We have no shame.
2009 has flown by. I’ve experienced a lot (mostly from May onward), such as:
- Merit to the Carrot was born in May.
- I was in San Francisco for 6 weeks, living in a dorm with other artsy teens, for the Academy Of Art University’s Pre-College Summer Art Program, and I took a break from blogging.
- I met the love of my life, Grant–a wrinkled, sun beaten carrot farmer– who taught me all there is to know about carrots at the Ferry Building Farmer’s Market.
- I ate a purple carrot.
- A boy, who is now called Satan, convinced me that he really liked me, and then decided he’d become a Polygamist on me… for he soo slyly tried to date another girl at the same time. Oh, joy.
- I attended the Gay Pride Parade on Market Street.
- I turned 16!
- My mom (on her own) moved all of our stuff up to a new house in Salt Lake City in July, because Nick and I were off at art camp.
- Nick and I came home to a new home up on a mountain, and fell in love with our new surroundings.
- My older brother (who has lived in Utah my whole life) moved in with us. I am so so so glad that he came into my life. This is probably the highlight of my year.
- I was the ‘new kid’ at a new highschool, and almost shit my pants with fear.
- I made new friends, whom I love dearly.
- I joined BBYO, a youth Jewish Organization.
- I went to Spain!
- I restarted the blog.
- I went to my first dance, Winter Formal.
- I shoveled my first driveway.
Pretty exciting, right? hah.
I leave you with yet another Nick quote.
My brother grabbed my massive, quart sized water bottle and used it as a gavel while shouting:
“Order in the Quart!”
Mind you, he is 14 years old and we are extremely cheesy.