Don’t beet me up.
December 12, 2009
Over my beeutiful dinner:
Beetiful salad: spinach, chickpeas, pistachios, beets, and a dressing of mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and pepper. Scrumptious. Why don’t i have beets more often?
I do know,however, that I’ve had an abundance of tea. I’ve been enjoying this new green tea (Good Earth Lemon grass Green Tea) a lot:
…Lincoln knew what he was talking about. And Good Earth knows how to make green tea. Seriously, it’s fantastic.
I’ve also welcomed this beauty into my life-
Sunland Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, hello lover.
It’s realllly drippy, like MaraNatha Almond Butter. So, in short- it’s perfect for drizzle action. Hence breakfast-
An Apple Heart Thrive, banana, and drizzle of Sunland PB atop a Pumpkin Pie Cake. So let’s break this down in layers.
1. The pumpkin cake had a good texture, but the taste was a little off. I could taste the egg whites a little more than I wanted to, but it went well with everything else… SO I suppose that’s all that matters.
2. Apple Heart Thrive (5/5) I heated it up for 20 seconds and fell in love. The apple taste was definitely there, as were the actual apple pieces. These treats are very good when warmed.
3. The PB was awesome. periood.
All together –each bite composed of each layer– it was a pretty tasty breakfast.
When Nick woke up at 10:30, I made him Pumpkin Spice Pancakes from the recipe on the Pumpkin Spice Silk carton-
Easy peasy, pumpkin peasy.
I used whole wheat flour. Nick said they were the best pancakes he’s had in a while.
So, friends… can you believe 2009 is dwindling to its end? This year has been the most exciting and challenging I have encountered. I spent an incredible summer in San Francisco at the Academy Of Art University, I made the best friends of my life, I moved, I made new friends, I went to Spain…. I recovered.
Of course, there was the bad, but who needs to think of that when I’ve got a big, bright new year ahead of me.
If you had to choose-
1. What was your 2009 highlight?
2. What are your 3 most happy experiences (from all years)?